The Municipal Zoning Schemes list primary use rights for each zoning category and additional land uses that may be permitted in the zone with the council’s consent. Consent uses in a residential area typically take the form of a second dwelling, a guesthouse, or a crèche.

Consent applications are carefully evaluated in terms of the potential impact that the change in land use could have on the surrounding area and the rights of existing neighbouring property owners. Planning Space can assist you to prepare an application that is compliant with the ruling legislation.

Contact us about Consent Uses